No, not water leaks. But some cast members (and a few lucky guests) have been allowed to ride through the Haunted Mansion while WDI puts on the final touches. This is what I've heard so far:
- Guests will encounter the first changes with a new covered queue and a cemetery that has received some care.
- The stretching room has been significantly improved. The candelabra Gargoyles now turn their heads and there is a cool 'flying bat' effect when the lights good out. Think the Indiana Jones Adventure darts. This should really freak out many of the attractions fans, young and old.
- New effects involving wind, thunder, and lightning have gone into the portrait hall.
- Madame Leota's crystal ball is now the same floating effect as Disneyland.
- Also like Disneyland is the new storyline added into the attic scene. The bride is now more obviously a serial murderess and the objects of her affairs are strewn about.
- Finally, the whole mansion has received a once over updating everything to near original glory. This includes the Omnimover audio, which had been getting very bad in parks.
The Haunted Mansion is scheduled to re-open to the public on the 12th or 13th of September.
Tags: disney, haunted mansion, disney world, rumor, wdw, travel, imagineering, wdi ♦DiggIt! ♦Add to del.icio.us ♦Add to Reddit ♦Stumble This